||On January 7, 1957 Capuchin Fathers had reached Chakia, the neighbourhood of Naugarh. Fr. Cyriac Kuruvilla was appointed in 1971 to open a mission station in Chakia area. He selected Majhgain. Fr. Francis Machado built the Presbytery, Sisters' Convent and the Dispensary. The FMM Sisters arrived here on February 8, 1974 and began the ministry. The Primary School was started by Fr. Mathew Kanicheril in 1981. Fr. Joy Muriankary put up the school building in 1985. Fr. Thomas N.J. did his share of getting recognition for primary school and the electrification of the village. Fr. William did a greater part of upgrading the school and benefiting from government facilities when special favours were offered for female literacy. Female literacy being as low as 5.65% in Naugarh Block. The School was upgraded to Junior High School in 1991 by Fr. William and then to High School in 1998 a Junior High School for girls was started in 1991 by Fr. William. In 1996 this school was upgraded to High School.